[MPlayer-advusers] MPEG-TS damages H264 stream

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at rainbow.studorg.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Aug 12 17:51:09 CEST 2009

Hi!

Issue 1315 was an invalid issue about wrong h264 decoding in ffmpeg.
When testing, I saw that mplayer -dumpvideo produces stream different from
ffmpeg -vcodec copy -f h264.

I uploaded a 15MB sample to incoming/issue1315 (test.ts). The first ~55
frames are decoded correctly, then two frames are visibly (slightly)
corrupted.

Comparing ffmpeg -i test.ts -f framecrc ff.out and mplayer test.ts
dumpvideo && ffmpeg -i stream.dump -f framecrc mpl.out shows that one
frame is completely missing and some of the following ones are corrupted.

Carl Eugen