[MEncoder-users] Opening Local SDP files with mencoder

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Fri Feb 14 19:37:07 CET 2014

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 09:29:30AM +0000, Ben Barker wrote:
> Hi Reimar,
>
> Same symptoms in both mencoder and mplayer
> I have tried the lavfdopts with no more luck, also tried using both sdp://,
> ffmpeg://, and nothing at all
>
> All of my SDP files are of the form:
>
> v=0
> m=video <multicast_port> RTP/AVP 96
> c=IN IP4 <multicast_ip>
> a=rtpmap:96 MP4V-ES/90000
> a=source-filter:incl IN IP4 <multicast_ip> <unicast_ip>

I don't have an actual server to really test, but as far as I can tell
this just works (at the end it just hangs and finally quits, but you see it uses
the sdp code in FFmpeg and it respects the MP4V entry in the sdp file):

$ ./mplayer test.sdp
MPlayer UNKNOWN-4.8 (C) 2000-2014 MPlayer Team
mplayer: could not connect to socket
mplayer: No such file or directory
Failed to open LIRC support. You will not be able to use your remote control.

Playing test.sdp.
Cache fill:  0.00% (109 bytes)

libavformat version 55.26.100 (internal)
libavformat file format detected.
Using network protocols without global network initialization. Please use avformat_network_init(), this will become mandatory later.
Using network protocols without global network initialization. Please use avformat_network_init(), this will become mandatory later.
Using network protocols without global network initialization. Please use avformat_network_init(), this will become mandatory later.
Using network protocols without global network initialization. Please use avformat_network_init(), this will become mandatory later.
[sdp @ 0x7f99e8d19880]Could not find codec parameters for stream 0 (Video: mpeg4, yuv420p): unspecified size
Consider increasing the value for the 'analyzeduration' and 'probesize' options
LAVF_header: av_find_stream_info() failed
[lavf] stream 0: video (mpeg4), -vid 0
VIDEO:  [MP4V]  0x0  0bpp  90000.000 fps    0.0 kbps ( 0.0 kbyte/s)