[MEncoder-users] Out of sync audio after 'cleaning' a TS stream

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Thu Apr 3 02:16:40 CEST 2014

Richard Lemieux <rlemieu <at> cooptel.qc.ca> writes:

> mencoder -forceidx -lavdopts er=4 f1.ts -oac copy
> -ovc copy -o fi_cleaned.ts

This looks slightly broken:
-ovc copy avoids the decoder, so the decoder options
are ignored.
I wanted to write: ts do not have an index, but I
have a suspicion you are writing an avi file and
call it "ts", is that right?

Since you apparently don't know:
MEncoder is not an actively maintained application for
several years, you should try to use current FFmpeg
instead, but in your specific case, I strongly
suggest not to touch the transport streams (as long
as you don't want to reencode), I don't see how you
can make them "cleaner"...

Carl Eugen