[MEncoder-users] Assertion `picture_number < rcc->num_entries' failed

Henry Law news at lawshouse.org
Sun May 12 17:10:35 CEST 2013

On 12/05/13 14:49, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 06:53:47PM +0100, Henry Law wrote:
>>> mencoder: libavcodec/ratecontrol.c:175: ff_rate_control_init: Assertion `picture_number < rcc->num_entries' failed.
>
> Also, when does this happen? Do you get something in the output file?

It happens quite early on in the second pass.  I changed the code of
ratecontrol.c to turn the asserts into tests which logged the condition
and make some suitable assignment of the variable that was out of range,
and ran it again; the job completed successfully.

But let's ignore that now; I'll have another bash with FFmpeg.

--

Henry Law            Manchester, England