[MEncoder-users] Converting mkv from MakeMKV to avi with mencoder

securehell at hushmail.com securehell at hushmail.com
Thu Mar 14 21:54:40 CET 2013

# mencoder -ffourcc divx -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4:vhq:vbitrate=6000 -oac mp3lame -aid 0 -fps 30000/1001 -
ofps 24000/1001 -vf crop=720:352:0:66,filmdint=fast=0,softskip -
nosub -mc 0.1 -noskip -lameopts vbr=3 -o Underworld_Evolution2.avi
Underworld_Evolution.mkv

This so far is by far the best. Got a complete output file though a
bit larger than I normally get when converting DVD to AVI. This
one's about 1.7 GB which isn't a deal breaker.

Sound is almost synced in this one - only off by a fraction of a
second, just enough to be annoying.

What setting should I tinker with to get the sound matched up
perfectly?

Tried first with "-mc 0 -noskip" but output file was truncated and
corrupt :(

Jack