[MEncoder-users] Converting mkv from MakeMKV to avi with mencoder

securehell at hushmail.com securehell at hushmail.com
Thu Mar 14 15:47:25 CET 2013

Tried today with:

# mencoder -ffourcc divx -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4:vhq:vbitrate=6000 -oac mp3lame -aid 0 -vf
crop=720:352:0:66,yadif,softskip -nosub -lameopts vbr=3 -o
Underworld_Evolution.avi Underworld_Evolution.mkv

This resulted in a ~16 minute output video (original is ~74
minutes) with audio that is off by several seconds from the video :(

Funny when I played the output file with mplayer on a 32-bit system
with 2GB RAM, I got the following on one run:

           **** Your system is too SLOW to play this!  ****

Repeated this 3 times with similar results.

Thoughts?