[MEncoder-users] mencoder asks to "use -absf aac_adtstoasc" - but -absf is an unknown option

Dr.O.Muth at habmalnefrage.de Dr.O.Muth at habmalnefrage.de
Wed Aug 21 22:06:53 CEST 2013

On Wednesday, 21.08.2013, 19:05 +0200 Reimar Döffinger wrote:

> Just out of curiosity: Might there be some way to make faac create the
> correct format?
> I assume the issue really is that faac creates the wrong format?
> Or might there be some other issue somewhere (either that the
> FFmpeg check is wrong, or that we should be parsing the data
Yes, I believe faac is broken in some way.
If I switch to lavc and -lavcopts acodec=libfaac:aglobal=64 I get the results I want. (Thanks Christian!)

I assume lavf will perform the same check here, and it passes. So -oac faac must be buggy.
On the other hand... an error message that asks you to do something the program is not capable of I would count as another bug. ;-)

The problem seems solved for me and I can continue to use mencoder.

But just in case mencoder is not entirely dead yet and someone is still interested, I'll give today's snapshot a try, and report.

Regards

Oliver