[MEncoder-users] mencoder asks to "use -absf aac_adtstoasc" - but -absf is an unknown option

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Wed Aug 21 19:05:51 CEST 2013

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 11:06:19PM +0200, Dr.O.Muth at habmalnefrage.de wrote:
> It turns out that Nicolas' concerns were valid.
> I applied the hack to both
> ffmpeg/libavformat/movenc.c and
> ffmpeg/libavformat/flvenc.c
> Now mencoder writes the data to the file - but the resulting video file is invalid.
>
> I could not find where this option would be parsed and used (other than in ffmpeg), so I tried
> absf=aac_adtstoasc
> bsf=aac_adtstoasc
> aac_adtstoasc=1
> as suboptions to faacopts and to lavfopts.
> Nope. I am stuck.

Just out of curiosity: Might there be some way to make faac create the
correct format?
I assume the issue really is that faac creates the wrong format?
Or might there be some other issue somewhere (either that the
FFmpeg check is wrong, or that we should be parsing the data
into correct packets before passing it to FFmpeg)?
I guess you personally might not be able to answer, just throwing
it out there in general.