[MEncoder-users] How important are B-frames?

Gabri Nurtinaz Shally gabri.ns at gmail.com
Thu May 10 20:14:09 CEST 2012

On May 11, 2012 1:02 AM, "Janos Szamosfalvi" <szamosj at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- On Thu, 5/10/12, Sylvester <sylvester821994 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> B-frames are most useful when there's little movement,
> so you may want to repeat the test with a video that
> doesn't have lots of movement if you want to know the
> effect of B-frames on file size.

especially cartoon or anime.

btw, from reported frame, there is difference. take a look at QP parameter
on I-frame. when the bframes set to 3, the QP value were 31, but it is
reduced to 32 when bframes set to 0. from this information, imo, bframes
save bits so that it can be used to improve quality of I-frames.