[MEncoder-users] -rawvideo size option does not work.

Bill Crockett wsc4 at optusnet.com.au
Thu Apr 12 04:07:06 CEST 2012

-rawvideo <option1:option2:...>

Available options are:

fps=<value>

         rate in frames per second (default: 25.0)

sqcif|qcif|cif|4cif|pal|ntsc

         set standard image size

w=<value>

         image width in pixels

h=<value>

         image height in pixels

i420|yv12|yuy2|y8

         set colorspace

format=<value>

         colorspace (fourcc) in hex or string constant. Use -rawvideo
format=help for a list of possible strings.

size=<value>

         frame size in Bytes

I understand (almost) all the options above, but when I put in a
"size=<value>" option, this is displayed:

Frame too small! <31754<663552> Wrong format?

How do you calculate the frame size in Bytes please?  I thought it means
the files size divided by the number of frames.