[MEncoder-users] removing duplicate frames from avi mp4 source file

ted morris ted.morris at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 21:52:36 CEST 2011

Per problems below with capturing mpeg4 through RTP/RTSP packets
with my Sony SNC-CH240 high res Net camera--

I discovered the issue is that there are vop start frames that are sent
within
the RTP payload immediately preceding vop I-frame group type frames.  I
looked at openRTSP code and what *might* be happening is that openRTSP
is assigning a time-stamp to the start-frame type, then assigning the next
timestamp to the I-frame. There appears to possibly be a dropped frame
between
the duplicate+ I-frame to preserve the desired framerate (15 fps).

Would anyone out there be able to suggest or recommend RTSP capture software
alternative that can run on linux to openRTSP? If there is a way to deduce
if
a frame is actually there but being tossed out during decoding the MPEG4
with
mencoder, I would very much like to hear any suggestions from the group.

thanks,
ted