[MEncoder-users] mencoder & images sequence from Raid disk

Angel mrangel at mrangel.co.uk
Sat Oct 8 12:46:44 CEST 2011

>Hello,
>I'm new here.
>
>I have a problem.
>I'm using Mencoder to convert images sequence to movie.
>Everything is fine except that:
>when i'm using mencoder to convert image sequence from Raid disks, the
>converted movie is weird: All frames are randomly written inside the
>movie. I can't understand what order is that... (It is not a digits
>problem.)
>No problem from a local drive.
>
>Please help me.
>This problem appears at the end of a long developping...
>
>Thx,
>
>Tais.

What is your command line? Is it the same in both cases?

If you are using something like "frame-*.png" to specify your images, then they could come out in a different order depending on your shell and/or filesystem ... I've seen date order and inode order before (and even in one weird case, a fs that gives you files in order least-fragmented first). That's the only thing I can think of where the underlying disk would make a difference.

--
Sent from my Android phone with K-9. Please excuse my brevity.