[MEncoder-users] distributing input to multiple mencode processes

Bibrak Qamar bibrakc at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 09:40:24 CET 2011

Yes that helped.
Split the movie (from
http://misterhowto.com/index.php?category=Computers&subcategory=Video&article=trim_or_split_with_mencoder
)

With the two commands above, you can for example split a movie in two bits:

 mencoder -endpos 01:00:00 -ovc copy -oac copy movie.avi -o first_half.avi

 mencoder -ss 01:00:00 -oac copy -ovc copy movie.avi -o second_half.avi

 Replace 01:00:00 (1 hour) with the time when you want the split to occur.

Bibrak