[MEncoder-users] Something to try if you have a Roku XD/S, Hauppauge HD-PVR, Mac OS X, EyeTV 3.5, and either an iPad or an iPhone 4

L. Lee llee040 at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 15 05:35:32 CEST 2011

On 5/14/11 9:36 PM, "Laine Lee" <llee040 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> ./sub/subreader.h:28: error: expected declaration specifiers or '...' before
> 'FriBidiChar'
> ./sub/subreader.h:28: error: expected declaration specifiers or '...' before
> 'FriBidiChar'
> make: *** [codec-cfg] Error 1"

I discovered a workaround for the "fribidi" error. I copied
/sw/include/fribidi into my mplayer build folder. Now that mplayer has once
again successfully compiled with "--disable-live" included in the
configuratiion options, I am able to see the errors that appear when I
remove it, which start with:

"ld: warning: in /usr/local/lib/live/liveMedia/libliveMedia.a, file was
built for ppc7400 which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)"

After observing that message, I simply removed "/usr/local/lib/live", which
was apparently all that was necessary to allow me to compile without
"--disable-live". Thanks.

Laine Lee