[MEncoder-users] is this possible

Daniel Harris mail.dharris at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 27 14:06:00 CET 2011

Hello

I am trying to record some vhf tape to dvd but after trying what seems
like hundreds of combinations I still end up with a/v sync issues.
Over an hour the sync only seems to go out by about 100ms so I was
thinking about recording in 5 to 10 minute intervals and then cutting
and splicing the whole video back together again using scene changes
as markers.  Is that possible and is there a way to make mencoder
record for 5 or ten minutes and then fire up a second instance say
about 30 seconds before the first one ends.  I guess this would
require some sort of shell script?

Would this be the best way to do this or is their a better way?

Thanks in advance

Dan

ps this is the command I am using to record the input

mencoder -tv norm=PAL:driver=v4l2:width=720:height=576:input=1:device=/dev/video0:alsa:adevice=hw.0,0:audiorate=48000:forceaudio:immediatemode=0:fps=25
 tv:// -oac lavc -ovc lavc -of mpeg -mpegopts format=dvd:tsaf -vf
pp=lb/ha/va/dr,hqdn3d,harddup -srate 48000 -af lavcresample=48000
-lavcopts vcodec=mpeg2video:vrc_buf_size=1500:vrc_maxrate=8000:vbitrate=7000:keyint=15:acodec=mp2:abitrate=192:aspect=4/3
-mc 0 -noskip -o output.mpg