[MEncoder-users] MPlayer and MEncoder problem with a 2 second clip

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Mon Dec 12 20:50:23 CET 2011

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 11:13:51AM -0600, L. Lee wrote:
> I'm wondering why I'm not able to play or convert this 2-second clip with
> MPlayer or MEncoder. It's telecined and interlaced 1920X1080. I used
> SVN-r34422, compiled a few days ago.
>
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42718751/2_Second_Clip.mp4
>
> Here's the media info (raw video is 60 fps interlaced):
>
> http://pastie.org/pastes/3005746
>
> This is a typical problem for the video I normally work with, and I'm hoping
> to find a solution. VLC has no trouble with it, nor does QuickTime Player. I
> can step through the 30 fps deinterlaced frames and see them correctly
> through the entire clip with QuickTime Player, but when I try it with
> MPlayer's "." shortcut, frames are skipped.

Uh, skipping frames is exactly the point of running detelecine?
Or what exactly are you trying? (And why post the mediainfo output but
not the MPlayer output?)
Either way, playing the file directly shows the 2:3 telecine pattern
when stepping through so nothing is skips, and adding -vf filmdint
results in perfectly smoothly moving cars in at least those 2 seconds,
so nothing was dropped there either.