[MEncoder-users] Edit Decision List - exact frame cut problem.

Brion Swanson deadbeefb5 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 13:23:25 CET 2011

If your cut list is only some portion of the beginning of the film, you
can simply seek in some number of seconds instead and still use -ovc
copy.  Use -ss NUM_SECONDS to seek in from the start.  For example, -ss
6 will start the rip 6 seconds into whichever title you're ripping.

This approach also helps avoid intentional bad sectors that some studios
(Disney / Sony) put on some of their movies at the beginning of the main
title to thwart ripping.  In those cases, the film usually actually
starts between a few seconds and 20+ seconds in.

Brion