[MEncoder-users] Edit Decision List - exact frame cut problem.

Bill Crockett wsc4 at optusnet.com.au
Fri Dec 9 06:41:01 CET 2011

I am trying to remove advertisements from an MPEG-TS video using the
Edit Decision List commands.

mplayer  -edlout cut.dat videoTS.mpg

mencoder -edl cut.dat -ovc copy -oac copy -noskip -mc 0 -of mpeg
-mpegopts format=mpeg2:muxrate=9088:interleaving2:tsaf:adelay=160
videoTS.mpg -o cut_test.mpg

Using -edlout, if I cut right on where the film starts, it cuts out
approximately 30 seconds off the start of the film.  If I cut slightly
before the film starts, it then shows too much of the ad.  The same
happens when cutting out the advertisements from their start to their
end during the film.  I just can't get it to cut exactly on the black
spots where the film or ad fades out.