[MEncoder-users] ATSC closed captioning

Scott W. Larson scowl at wballphotos.com
Sun Nov 28 18:57:09 CET 2010

On Sun, 2010-11-28 at 08:43 +0100, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> It doesn't really matter to MPlayer _where_ the data is, at this point of
> the code everything is considered to be part of a frame, but there's currently
> a problem when there's more than one data packet in what MPlayer considers
> one frame.

Yep, that's the problem I discovered and why I had to create a separate
linked list to reorder all of the caption data correctly. The user data
doesn't necessarily arrive associated with a displayable frame. It can
arrive outside of a GOP.

Most of the time it doesn't though. Maybe an occasional dropped
character or two is good enough for mplayer.