[MEncoder-users] ATSC closed captioning

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sun Nov 28 08:43:37 CET 2010

On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 08:31:54PM -0800, Scott W. Larson wrote:
> This works very well but there are occasional two character drops from
> one network. I remember that this network included caption data with the
> user data not only with displayable frames but also with the sequence
> header and the GOP header. This data will stand out because it will
> share the pts of one of the picture headers. In my code I just appended
> the data as it arrived and that worked.

It doesn't really matter to MPlayer _where_ the data is, at this point of
the code everything is considered to be part of a frame, but there's currently
a problem when there's more than one data packet in what MPlayer considers
one frame.
Since I want to keep the code in a way that can easily be used for other
kinds of userdata adding this is going to be slightly more annoying than
just appending.