[MEncoder-users] demuxing question

Peter pscientist at inbox.com
Wed Nov 24 02:28:38 CET 2010

On 2010-11-23 12:52 AM, Alexander Strange wrote:

> If you have yadif, how often do you need to scale interlaced movies?

Thank you for telling me about YADIF. I wonder: since YADIF is probably better
than whatever deinterlacing (or virtual deinterlacing) that the scaler does in
MEncoder, perhaps FFmpeg can actually do a better job than MEncoder? I wonder if
it is possible to do YADIF deinterlace, scale, and Interlace again all in one
filter chain? I guess this is a question for FFmpeg list. It could be very
interesting. Perhaps MEncoder is nearly dead after all.

--
Peter