[MEncoder-users] h264/aac segfaults on encode, part of encoding lost when reencode to matroska or MP4

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Thu Nov 4 20:20:10 CET 2010

On Wed, Nov 03, 2010 at 11:26:11AM +0100, Miroslav Rovis wrote:
> But, pls. tell me, as I am just a user and not a programmer, have I
> understood well, you're talking about me having to provide things
> explained, for my system, here:
> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/qa/backtraces.xml
> Have I understood correctly?

I guess that should work.
However it should work a bit easier:
compile MPlayer/mencoder with
./configure --extra-cflags=-g3

then run it with
gdb --args mencoder <mencoder options etc.>

When it crashes you'll be at the gdb prompt, where you should
at least run "bt".
In theory there should be a longer variant of this in the
MPlayer documentation (which the message it prints when it
crashes refers you to).