[MEncoder-users] movie from jpg image in .mov container?

Guillaume Blanc blanc at apc.univ-paris7.fr
Thu May 27 16:06:20 CEST 2010

Hi,

I'm using mencoder to make movie from series of pictures, with the
typical command:

mencoder "mf://*.jpg" -mf fps=24:type=jpg -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4:mbd=2:trell:vbitrate=7000 -vf scale=640:480 -oac copy -o
movie.avi

for images in the current directory.
Actually I picked up this somewhere on the net, I don't understand all
the keywords. Anyway, it works.

But, I need to import the movies made like this in the mac os
moviemaker "imovie". But imovie do not recognize the avi container (or
something like that). Then I would like to build directly a .mov movie
so it can be read by mac softwares.

The mencoder documentation ( http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/menc-feat-quicktime-7.html
  ) suggests to remux in mp4 using mp4creator; but it's look like this
software does not exist any more. I tried to install ffmpeg, but
didn't succeed so far :-(

So: is there a way using only mencoder either to transform an .avi
movie to a .mov or to build directly a .mov from jpg images?

Any help will be very appreciated!

Many thanks in advance,
Guillaume