[MEncoder-users] is this a good workflow?

Rick C. rickcorteza at gmail.com
Wed May 12 05:53:35 CEST 2010

On May 12, 2010, at 8:51 AM, Andrew Berg wrote:

> On 5/11/2010 9:30 AM, Rick C. wrote:
>> mp4box -add temp.FMP4 -add temp.m4a -new output.mp4  (keeps giving me error Corrupted data in file/stream temp.FMP4)
>>
>> First I'm not quite sure about the corrupted data error?
> You could try this since MP4Box can import MPEG-4 video from an AVI
> container (it can't import an AVC stream directly, so if you wanted to
> use x264, the extraction step would be necessary):
>
> mp4box -add temp.avi#video -add temp.m4a -new output.mp4
>

> With that, you shouldn't need to specify frame rate, but you may need to
> add other options (see the File conversion section of the MP4Box docs -
> http://gpac.sourceforge.net/doc_mp4box.php ).
>

> BTW, I'm curious - why MPEG-4 video and AAC? I don't know of anything
> that would support that combination that wouldn't support AVC as well,
> and x264 is miles ahead of any MPEG-4 encoder.
> _______

Thanks again for the reply.  It does make sense to me what you suggest.  Unfortunately so far I keep getting an "Error importing AVI frame 10" message and the .mp4 is being created without picture.  I will continue to experiment there might be an option somewhere I'm overlooking.

To answer your question yes I want to use x264 as well but to have an option for MPEG4 at times.  It was just coincidence that I started first with MPEG4, actually I should try some with x264 and see if I'm successful.  Thanks again,

rc