[MEncoder-users] is this a good workflow?

Andrew Berg bahamutzero8825 at gmail.com
Wed May 12 02:51:17 CEST 2010

On 5/11/2010 9:30 AM, Rick C. wrote:
> mp4box -add temp.FMP4 -add temp.m4a -new output.mp4  (keeps giving me error Corrupted data in file/stream temp.FMP4)
>
> First I'm not quite sure about the corrupted data error?
You could try this since MP4Box can import MPEG-4 video from an AVI
container (it can't import an AVC stream directly, so if you wanted to
use x264, the extraction step would be necessary):

mp4box -add temp.avi#video -add temp.m4a -new output.mp4

With that, you shouldn't need to specify frame rate, but you may need to
add other options (see the File conversion section of the MP4Box docs -
http://gpac.sourceforge.net/doc_mp4box.php ).

BTW, I'm curious - why MPEG-4 video and AAC? I don't know of anything
that would support that combination that wouldn't support AVC as well,
and x264 is miles ahead of any MPEG-4 encoder.