[MEncoder-users] Audio sync problems with HDV footage while performing an inverse telecine

Laine Lee llee040 at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 4 16:41:27 CEST 2010

On 5/4/10 7:01 AM, "Andrew Berg" <bahamutzero8825 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Laine Lee wrote:
>> Maybe you could use Socke's ffmpeg-sox pipe
>> ffmpeg -v 0 -i input.ac3 -f sox
> Is this some kind of patch or something? I don't see any documentation
> for SoX's native format as one of ffmpeg's output formats. I pipe ffmpeg
> into SoX in my conversion script and it would be nice to pipe into SoX
> without having to specify endianness, sign, sample rate, etc..

No, I didn't have to patch. I'm just using what Socke posted last summer. It
works for me with latest release of both ffmpeg and sox. I think some folks
aren't able to use the latest releases of ffmpeg for what they are doing,
maybe you are among them. Anyway, I just thought that the tempo option would
be more correct than the speed option for adjusting duration only.

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.mencoder.user/10568/focus=10572

Laine Lee