[MEncoder-users] problem hardcoding subtitles with OS X

Laine Lee llee040 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 29 18:43:35 CEST 2010

On 3/28/10 12:49 PM, "Panichi Massimiliano" <max.panichi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I downloaded mplayer-export-2010-03-21 and compiled on OSX Leopard
> (Darwin Kernel Version 9.8.0)
>
> When I try to use this command to hardcode subtitles in the output video
>
> mencoder -oac lavc -ovc lavc -sub input.srt -o output.avi input.avi
>
> I can't view the subtitles in the output video.
>
> The same command works on Linux.
>
> The mplayer command works with subtitles.
>
> Anyone can help me ?

I'll bet it's a fontconfig requirement that's getting in your way. You'll
probably need more details than I can readily provide, but if you'll install
some open source type and font utilities with a package manager such as Fink
or MacPorts (unless you have more experience with this sort of thing than I
- most experienced open source enthusiasts frown on using those types of
solutions, and that's an understatement), you may have better success.

Laine Lee