[MEncoder-users] Trying to fully understand de-interlacing.

Christian Ebert blacktrash at gmx.net
Tue Jun 29 09:55:03 CEST 2010

* Peter on Tuesday, June 29, 2010 at 00:47:44 -0400
> Andrew Berg wrote:
>> yadif is a very good (but slow)
>> deinterlacer and you will get good results with it going from 60 fields
>> to 30 frames per second.
>
> I find that hard to believe; if it were true, there would be no
> point in Interlacing. (And films would look nice instead of crap at
> 24fps.)

Ah, but 24fps is/was meant for non-digital material. I'm way old
fashioned and still prefer a good projection in a cinema to any
digital display (probably like vinyl vs. CD). Of course the
digital image is objectively sharper, but subjectively: to watch
"Gone With The Wind" digitally (and possibly on LCD) is crap ;-)
After all the human eye is (not yet) digital.

\black\trash movie   _M O R A L I S K_  _A N S T A L T_
                                      "Nix verstanden."

--->> http://www.blacktrash.org/underdogma/moraliskanstalt.php