[MEncoder-users] how do u set H264 video ID?

Grozdan neutrino8 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 19:45:55 CEST 2010

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 7:35 PM, Grozdan <neutrino8 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 7:26 PM, U. George <netbeans at gatworks.com> wrote:
>>

>> On 06/28/2010 01:03 PM, belcampo wrote:
>>>
>>> The 1st and correct answer would be. This is not possible.
>>
>> I guess, i'll have to locate the source code, and fix.
>
> Fix what? You cannot fix that -- video streams cannot have IDs at all
> and this violates the spec as well (not to mention that even if you
> implement it, NOTHING AT ALL will recognize it thus it'll be useless)

To expand a bit more on that, as I already said, IDs are stored on
CONTAINER level, not on video stream level. It's the container that
holds those values, not the stream itself

Also, during all this time you've been asking to set such a high ID in
an AVI, it is still not clear to me why you want to do it. You think
just because your MTS file has an ID of 4352, it should be exactly the
same in the AVI you're outputting. You couldn't be more wrong if you
think that (also a value of 4352 as ID for a video stream in AVI
container, is non-standard -- the first video stream in AVI is always
0, second is 1, third is 2, etc)