[MEncoder-users] Trying to fully understand de-interlacing.

Christian Ebert blacktrash at gmx.net
Mon Jun 28 09:44:06 CEST 2010

* Grozdan on Monday, June 28, 2010 at 08:26:58 +0200
> Whether you'll see a (big?) difference between using yadif only and
> yadif combined with mcdeint is up for discussion and depends on person
> and content. A lot of people don't bother with mcdeint, either because
> it's too slow or they can't see the difference between yadif only and
> yadif + mcdeint

A practical use for mcdeint -- where I do see a difference -- is
when the result is intended to be shown with a LCD projector.
Otherwise yadif=0 should be enough in almost all cases. But in
the end your eyes have to be the judge.

  Was heißt hier Dogma, ich bin Underdogma!
[ What the hell do you mean dogma, I am underdogma. ]
free movies      --->>> http://www.blacktrash.org/underdogma/
http://itunes.apple.com/podcast/underdogma-movies/id363423596