[MEncoder-users] A good compromise for deinterlacing camcorder-dv-files

Christian Ebert blacktrash at gmx.net
Mon Jun 28 01:23:31 CEST 2010

* Grozdan on Sunday, June 27, 2010 at 11:59:22 +0200
> On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 11:48 AM, Christian Ebert <blacktrash at gmx.net> wrote:
>> * Grozdan on Sunday, June 27, 2010 at 11:04:15 +0200

>>> There's no deshaker filter yet in mplayer so I can't help on that and
>>> I don't deal with shaky stuff at all
>>
>> You can actually observe it with sports, or right now at the
>> world cup: when there is a fast pan shot the picture on HD tv is
>> full of (sharp) little squares -- doesn't happen on old fashioned
>> interlaced tv.
>
> Do you mean macroblocks? Like those visible when you have a very
> crappy encode from somewhere?

Well, it's sold as HDTV ;-) Nobody seems to mind. Well, sports:
lots of motion and "action" pan shots.

> If so, you can deblock it with pp7 or spp (or any other
> deblocker available)

pp7 looks like a very good with some tests. Thanks a lot for the
tip!

\black\trash movie    _C O W B O Y_  _C A N O E_  _C O M A_
                     Ein deutscher Western/A German Western

         --->> http://www.blacktrash.org/underdogma/ccc.php