[MEncoder-users] Multiplexing ffv1 and wav

Al Bogner mencoder at ml093.pinguin.uni.cc
Sun Jun 27 13:08:35 CEST 2010

Am Sat, 26 Jun 2010 21:40:41 -0500
schrieb Andrew Berg <bahamutzero8825 at gmail.com>:

> There are better tools for muxing than MEncoder. I don't work with AVI
> much as a final container

I too, but I think avi is the best container for kdenlive? Kdenlive
will render again to ff1.avi and this output is coded to h264.mkv

> so I can't really recommend anything

Someone?

I think mencoder is slow too, but to use avimerge and create an
avi-file from a wave-file before is also not the best solution.

> specific. Virtualdub comes to mind, but that may not work on Linux

AFAIK there is no virtualdub with Linux?

So what are the alternatives with Linux?

Maybe I should test to use mkv as container.

Al