[MEncoder-users] Best and fastest way to extract audio from a dv-file

Al Bogner mencoder at ml093.pinguin.uni.cc
Sat Jun 26 14:06:36 CEST 2010

Am Sat, 26 Jun 2010 13:16:19 +0200

> It looks fine with
> mplayer "$FILE" -vc dummy -vo dummy -aid 1 \
> -ao pcm:fast:file="$FFV1AUDIOFILE"
>
> Original Audio
> Duration                         : 4s 880ms
>
> wav-Audio
> Duration                         : 4s 720ms
>

> And this is a big problem if you have hundreds of files.

I think it is a problem with the dv-format.

I tried this and there is no difference in the duration anymore. So
maybe there is a problem how mplayer handles dv? I am guessing, it is a
problem with the interleave.

# converting from dv to dv1:
dvgrab -I "$FILE" -f dv1 "$DV1FILE"
# the file has to be redefined, because dvgrab adds the clip-no.
DV1FILE="$PART""_dv1_""$CLIPNO""$CONTAINER"

mplayer "$DV1FILE" -vc dummy -vo dummy -aid 1 \
-ao pcm:fast:file="$FFV1AUDIOFILE"

I had problems with the dv2-format, but I am happy to get 1 format
working ;-)

Al