[MEncoder-users] Cannot encode MP4/MOV/FLV with global headers!?

Dominic Bird dominic at theark.uk.com
Thu Jul 1 18:34:25 CEST 2010

I've been trying this over and over again but whatever I do I cannot get
mencoder to encode global headers into either video or audio streams.
Any ideas? Here is the command im using...

mencoder E:\Sequence1.mxf -o E:\Sequence1.flv -vf scale=640:-2 -af
channels=2,resample=44100 -mc 0 -ovc lavc -oac lavc -lavcopts
aglobal=3:vglobal=3:vcodec=flv:vbitrate=512:acodec=libmp3lame:abitrate=9
6 -of lavf

Whatever I do I always receive these warnings:

Writing header...

[flv @ 01ff9010]Codec for stream 0 does not use global headers but
container for

mat requires global headers

[flv @ 01ff9010]Codec for stream 1 does not use global headers but
container for

mat requires global headers

I've tried all 4 options for aheader/vheader, encoding using faac, x264,
wrapping using mp4, mov... nothing seems to make a difference! The only
reason I am using flv in this example is because it actually plays back
in flash anyway. I can play back the mov or mp4 files created (x264/aac)
using VLC or MPlayer but not Quicktime. The idea is to end up with x264
files suitable for Quicktime or an iPod.

Any help appreciated!

Btw it needs to be a one pass process ie no rewrapping using mp4box or
something.