[MEncoder-users] [HELP] Mencoder Resize = No Subtitle

The Wanderer wanderer at fastmail.fm
Thu Jul 1 16:35:39 CEST 2010

Quoting fixed. As Reimar said, please don't top-post.

On 06/30/2010 04:10 AM, davis right wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 1:38 PM, Reimar Döffinger
> <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 11:49:32AM +0800, davis right wrote:
>>
>>> Doesnt work ........you guys are giving suggestion without
>>> testing the code.
>>>
>>> The problem is once mencoder encode the video file with scale
>>> resize, the subtitle function doesn't work anymore.
>>>
>>> Can someone please test if this works for you.
>>
>> Please do not top-post.
>> And yes, it works perfectly, scaling or not does not make a
>> difference and an expand filter is not necessary.
>> Test command:
>> mencoder fribidi_arabic_hebrew_subs.mkv -ovc lavc -vf scale=512:512
>> -nosound -o test.avi
>> Input file:
>> http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/sub/fribidi/fribidi_arabic_hebrew_subs.mkv
>
> I hope you read my question carefully. I am asking why the subtitle
> is not showing whenever I resize the video using -vf scale.

Did you try his command?

The input file he linked to is 352x288, and contains "soft" subtitles
but not hard subtitles.

The command he gave uses '-vf scale' to resize it to 512x512.

When I run his command with that input file, then play the encoded
'test.avi' file, the encoded video has hard subtitles.

It seems to do exactly what you're asking for. (Comparing against the
command lines you gave in the original post, the only potentially
important difference I see is that he put the '-vf scale' option before
the output filename, but you put it after the output filename.)

what's the problem with it?

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.