[MEncoder-users] Mencoder x264encopts options

James Hastings-Trew jimht at shaw.ca
Sat Jan 23 15:10:40 CET 2010

Christian Ebert wrote:
> * Alexander Bokovikov on Saturday, January 23, 2010 at 17:48:26 +0500
>
>> On 23.01.2010, at 17:14, Nathan Shearer wrote:
>>
>>> Does anybody know how to use the x264 presets in mencoder?
>>>
>> Why not to use FFMPEG instead?
>>

> mencoder offers a lot more video filters.

For me, that's always the sticking point. Some things in mencoder are
admittedly broken, and when up against a program that involves one of
it's broken areas, the response is often to "use ffmpeg instead". But,
mencoder's shining features really are the video filters and scaling
filters. Maybe a dumb question - would it be easier to port mencoder's
filtering and scaling to ffmpeg than to fix mencoder broken features?