[MEncoder-users] How to strip audio off DVD into WAV format?

Jeff Sherk Forerunner Ministries jeff at ForerunnerTV.com
Wed Jan 13 15:25:27 CET 2010

I am trying to strip the audio off a DVD into WAV format using mencoder,
but all my attempts have led to a file that Windows Media Player says
"File is either corrupt or does not support the format you are trying to
play".

I can succesfully strip the audio to MP3 using this:
mencoder vts.vob -of rawaudio -oac mp3lame -ovc copy -o myfile.mp3
-lameopts cbr:br=256:mode=3:aq=0 -srate 32000

But all three of the following attempts to strip to WAV have failed:
mencoder vts.vob -of rawaudio -oac lavc -ovc copy -o myfile.wav
-lavcopts acodec=adpcm_ima_wav
mencoder vts.vob -of rawaudio -oac pcm -ovc copy -o myfile.wav
mencoder vts.vob -of lavf -oac lavc -ovc copy -o myfile.wav -lavfopts
format=wav -lavcopts acodec=adpcm_ima_wav

I have tried them all with my older version of mencoder v1.0rc2-4.2.1
and also a recent version vSherpya-svn-r30075-4.2.5

Any suggestions?

Thanks