[MEncoder-users] Neewbie question : need to resample avi file from 15fps to 25fps

7willows 7willows at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Jan 5 15:20:09 CET 2010

On 04/01/2010 18:31, 7willows wrote:
> On 04/01/2010 18:05, 7willows wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Alas I spoke to soon, will MPlayer can play back the video my DVD
>> authoring software does not import it nor does it indicate an error.
>> When I attempted to play back the video using VLC on WinXP it
>> complains about the audio format.
>>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Finally sorted it out :-)
>>>
>>> $ mencoder -fps 15.000 -oac mp3lame -ovc raw oldfile.avi -ofps 30
>>> -ovc raw -o new.avi
>>
>> How to I set the audio output to mp3 format like the import format?

> I think I have it now
>
> $ mencoder -oac mp3lame -ovc copy -fps 15.000 -ofps 30.000 oldfile.avi
> -o newfile.avi

Hi,

My I salute the dedicated band of developers that have created MPlayer
and MEncoder.

After converting my files into a format acceptable for my DVD authoring
software to load and edit, I found that I was unable to create a DVD.

If I wanted to convert any input file into DV format @ 25 fps with
uncompressed audio which my DVD authoring software appears only to
accept (the default from my Canon MX650). Will MEncoder automatically
detect the input format so that only the output format is required.

The typical input file will be 640x480 ffmjpeg @ 30 fps with mp3 audio.

How would I modify the following achieve my aims

$ mencoder -oac raw -ovc ? -ofps 25.000 oldfile.avi  -o newfile.avi