[MEncoder-users] Neewbie question : need to resample avi file from 15fps to 25fps

7willows 7willows at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Jan 4 19:31:56 CET 2010

On 04/01/2010 18:05, 7willows wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Alas I spoke to soon, will MPlayer can play back the video my DVD
> authoring software does not import it nor does it indicate an error.
> When I attempted to play back the video using VLC on WinXP it
> complains about the audio format.
>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Finally sorted it out :-)
>>
>> $ mencoder -fps 15.000 -oac mp3lame -ovc raw oldfile.avi -ofps 30
>> -ovc raw -o new.avi
>
> How to I set the audio output to mp3 format like the import format?

I think I have it now

$ mencoder -oac mp3lame -ovc copy -fps 15.000 -ofps 30.000 oldfile.avi
-o newfile.avi

Russell 		          7willows at dsl.pipex.com

"It's one small step for man; one giant leap for mankind"
           Neil Armstrong, Apollo 11 Mission, July 20, 1969

"As I take man's last step from the surface, back home for
some time to come ... but we believe not too long into the
future ... I'd like to just [say] what I believe history
will record ... that America's challenge of today has forged
man's destiny of tomorrow. And, as we leave the Moon at
Taurus-Littrow, we leave as we came and, God willing, as we
shall return, with peace and hope for all mankind.
Godspeed the crew of Apollo 17."
	Eugene Cernan, Apollo 17 Mission, December 14, 1972