[MEncoder-users] Dolby downmix

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Dec 29 01:06:24 CET 2010

Rolf Ernst <rolf.ernst <at> silverlightning.org> writes:

> > I uploaded sample sample_HDPVR_60-24fps_conversion_av_glitch.M2TS.

Please fix your quoting!
I truly thought this paragraph was written by me when I read the following
paragraph, but it simply made no sense...

Regarding the sample:
I am not going to play around with the inverse telecine filters, but if they all
fail to alternately drop one and two frames, they should really be fixed!
(The sample is progressive, showing frames twice and three times alternately,
except for the cut after 15 seconds where the pattern is completely broken.)

I can reproduce the A/V sync issues with ffmpeg (they are even worse with
mplayer -demuxer lavf, so it seems not to be an encoding issue, but a demuxing
problem), so thank you for the sample!

Could you explain again how it was produced? I mean is this the original output
from the HDPVR (just cut with dd), or is it "pre-processed" (perhaps to cut out

Carl Eugen