[MEncoder-users] Dolby downmix

Rolf Ernst rolf.ernst at silverlightning.org
Tue Dec 28 23:30:30 CET 2010

On 12/28/2010 4:18 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Rolf Ernst<rolf.ernst<at>  silverlightning.org>  writes:
>
>> Now I take the 5.1 6 channel signal and want to downmix to two channel
>> surround which preserves at least some of the surround information
> And as I tried to explain in my first mail in this thread I don't think this
> works with MPlayer (I didn't read the sources, but the manual clearly denies it.)
>
>> As for the interlacing
Carl,

I understand that mencoder doesn't do it. This was the answer to the
very first email I had sent. However, you mentioned that ffmpeg might be
able to do it?

My last email also stated that my source material is >>>not<<<
interlaced but I am temporarily interlacing it via tinterlace=4 to be
able to perform a filmdint. (A similar method is described here for
something entirely different) -. http://mdsh.com/wiki/jsp/Wiki?Mencoder.
<http://mdsh.com/wiki/jsp/Wiki?Mencoder>

I do *not* want to deinterlace my *progressive* source. I found a way
back from the captured 60 fps to 24 fps. This does not work or at least
not reliably work with the simple filmdint filter. However, it does work
if you apply the interlace filter first. Please wait for the sample (I
am trying to cut somethng short together as I type this) and then see.
Again: Input is fps 60 from broadcast analog captured. What was
broadcast was a movie. Output after my trickery is 24fps - the original
movie frame rate. I have not seen any commercial tool anywhere that can
do this but mencoder can given the right parameters.