[MEncoder-users] Dolby downmix

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Dec 28 23:18:44 CET 2010

Rolf Ernst <rolf.ernst <at> silverlightning.org> writes:

> Now I take the 5.1 6 channel signal and want to downmix to two channel
> surround which preserves at least some of the surround information

And as I tried to explain in my first mail in this thread I don't think this
works with MPlayer (I didn't read the sources, but the manual clearly denies it.)

> As for the interlacing

I don't think what you have is interlaced material:
First, yadif would be the best choice if it were interlaced material, and
second, I doubt there is anything broadcast in ~60fps interlaced (at least not
if it was originally a 24fps movie or soap.)

Carl Eugen