[MEncoder-users] any resources explaining -audio-sensity -audio-preload

Bernd Butscheidt bbutscheidt at yahoo.de
Sun Aug 15 11:59:19 CEST 2010

Hello,

playing around with mencoder I just jumped over the options

==================
-audio-density <1-50>
 Number of audio chunks per second (default is 2 for 0.5s long audio chunks).
 NOTE: CBR only, VBR ignores this as it puts each packet in a new chunk.
-audio-preload <0.0-2.0>
 Sets up the audio buffering time interval (default: 0.5s).

Googling around I only found hints that this might affect audio-sync issues, but
I find nothing explaining what the effect of these options in general could be.

Has anyone some further information / link and would kindly mail it hereß

Kind regards
Bernd B.