[MEncoder-users] Mencoder vdpau usage possible ?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sun Aug 8 15:22:22 CEST 2010

On Sun, Aug 08, 2010 at 12:18:20PM +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger <at> gmx.de> writes:
>
> > VDPAU only works due to the old tradition of "commercial"
> > decoders to just throw away anything they don't like.
>
> In the case of FFmpeg issue 2033 that the OP is referring to, I believe it is
> not so simple:
> The reference decoder (and VDPAU) are decoding an elementary stream without
> visual corruption that libavcodec shows.

That issue seems to be at least 3 different issues in one, so I
can't say it is much help.
There is probably a few non-keyframes in front.
Since -ss does not work, the stream possibly contains no I-frames,
in which case (some of) the first frames must be skipped _after_
decoding.
To know for sure, someone would have see if the first frame decode
by e.g. CoreAVC matches one of the later frames from FFmpeg.