[MEncoder-users] Mencoder vdpau usage possible ?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sun Aug 8 16:47:43 CEST 2010

Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger <at> gmx.de> writes:

> > In the case of FFmpeg issue 2033 that the OP is referring to, I believe it
> > is not so simple:
> > The reference decoder (and VDPAU) are decoding an elementary stream without
> > visual corruption that libavcodec shows.
>
> That issue seems to be at least 3 different issues in one, so I
> can't say it is much help.

There are two samples, since the first one was considered bad (I wouldn't be
surprised if it plays fine once the second is fixed, but lets not discuss this
now), a second one that shows no surprising warnings while decoding was
uploaded: decodesNOTok-another.mpg
ffmpeg -i decodesNOTok-another.mpg -vcodec copy test.264
produces a JVT sequence that the reference decoder likes.
It contains six I-frames, all I-frames are decoded bit-exact by FFmpeg.
One I-frame is not shown as "( I )" by the reference decoder, but as
"( I | P )". The eleven frames following this I-frame (until the next I-frame)
are not correctly decoded and show heavy artefacts with FFmpeg.

Carl Eugen