[MEncoder-users] Normalizing brightness of a video (autolevels filter?)

RC cooleyr at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 09:57:15 CEST 2010

On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 23:34:41 +0200
Kari Aliranta <kurkha at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to somehow automatically normalize the
> brightness of a video, so that the dark portions are
> brightened and the bright portions are darkened, and the
> brightness level stays constant?

In short, you're saying you want to decrease the contrast ratio of a
video...  I think you can figure out how to do that with MPlayer...

> I tried using the autolevels filter, but didn't notice any effect.

You already said your camcorder maintains consistent brightness levels
(which you dislike) so al doesn't have anything to do.  That said, with
pp=al:f, I'm willing to bet you'll see SOME difference, perhaps not what
you want, however...

--
Ha. I'm the idiot.