[MEncoder-users] Normalizing brightness of a video (autolevels filter?)

Kari Aliranta kurkha at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 21:05:46 CEST 2010

> In short, you're saying you want to decrease the contrast
> ratio of a video...  I think you can figure out how to do
> that with MPlayer...

Actually, I'm trying to make the encoder do a kind of
dynamic gamma correction. The problem with the videos is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUv7EQBntSA

(Bitrate lowered to make people unrecognizable)

Notice how the brightness of the video changes when people
move to block the window, and away. I'd like to be able so
set a constant brightness level, so that the picture doesn't
"blink" like it does now. The blinking literally causes
migraine in some people...

KPA