[MEncoder-users] Audio sync problem

Owen Williams williams at dmu.ac.uk
Wed Sep 9 15:47:58 CEST 2009

On Wed, 2009-09-09 at 10:53 +0200, Grozdan wrote:
> > The audio is out of sync even though I'm using harddup and -mc 0.
>  I've
> > tried it with -noskip and every combination.
>
> -mc 0 completely disables MEncoder's synchronization and increases the
> chance of sync problems. I've no idea why you use it for this
> particular case. Try without it.

I tried every combination except leaving it out...thanks.

That's almost fixed it.  I've just finished the whole transcode and if
in mplayer I hit '+' once for an advance of 57ms the sync is perfect.

I need to try the magic on more sources and players to see if the 57ms
is consistent.

Again thanks.

Owen