[MEncoder-users] Audio sync problem

jon bird news at onastick.clara.co.uk
Wed Sep 9 14:32:45 CEST 2009

> 2009/9/9 Owen Williams <williams at dmu.ac.uk>:
[...]

>> The audio is out of sync even though I'm using harddup and -mc 0.  I've
>> tried it with -noskip and every combination.
>
> -mc 0 completely disables MEncoder's synchronization and increases the
> chance of sync problems. I've no idea why you use it for this
> particular case. Try without it.

I raised this question a while back since it seems to happen regardless of
the output format - for example I've seen it converting to PAL DVD as
well.

http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mencoder-users/2009-March/010012.html

It's not always present either which makes me think its possibly related
to frames being dropped/corrupted when the recording was made. However
when I watch the source video with say VLC, the sync problem isn't
noticeable.

I've had a degree more success using the "-async" parameter of ffmpeg but
it still isn't perfect.

Rgs,

Jon.