[MEncoder-users] Copy subtitles?

Ian Collier Ian.Collier at comlab.ox.ac.uk
Mon Oct 12 14:30:23 CEST 2009

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 11:51:23AM +0100, me say:
> Mplayer still won't play the subtitles from the resulting file, but
> vlc will.

Actually I've just discovered I'm not quite right about that.  On a
very old 1.0rc2 mplayer release it will show the subtitles if I say
"-vobsubid 1 -sid 1" (the number after -sid doesn't matter, but the
number after -vobsubid does; and it doesn't work without supplying
both options).  But they are in the wrong colours.

I've not yet found a combination of options that works on a recent
mplayer version (although it does still print "Found subtitle: 0").

imc